The MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts Committee and the City of St. Charles will be celebrating the 21st Annual MOSAICS Festival, which takes place the weekend of September 18-20, 2015 along several blocks of North Main Street in Historic St. Charles, Missouri.
This annual FREE Arts Festival is a popular family-friendly weekend event, with activities for everyone including fantastic art, great entertainment and the opportunity for children to create their own artwork.
The 2015 MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts runs from 4:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday, September 18th; 11:00 am to 9:00 pm on Saturday, September 19th; and 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 20th. The three-day festival includes:
- 100 juried artists from across the state, region and country will exhibit, discuss, and sell artwork. Artists from 21 states will be present. Paintings, sculptures, photography, glass, jewelry, metal and woodworking are just a sample of the 15 media represented. Five Thousand dollars in cash prizes is awarded to participating artists.
- A Performance Stage will showcase a variety of performing artists from across the region offering traditional favorites and eclectic stylings.
- Children's Village, sponsored by Mercy, is located on the 400 block of North Main Street in Historic St. Charles. This area will provide Hands-On Art experiences for children of all ages. Children will work with adults to create their own unique memento of the Festival. (add details here about the "quilt" art project and possible content)
- Art for Youth Gallery, sponsored by (name), returns to the MOSAICS Festival this year. This special gallery allows children to purchase professional art at a nominal fee, fostering art appreciation among the kids 18 years and younger.
- Blank Canvas Studios and Preferred Family Healthcare's A.R.T.C. Program (Achieving Recovery Through Creativity) are partnering again with the MOSAICS for the 2015 Festival event, and both community organizations will participate with artist displays. Missouri Ballet Theatre will join MOSAICS this year on Friday evening with a booth and dancers interacting with attendees.
- Mentor Me Exhibition Mentor Me is a program recognizing regional art teachers, students and school districts for their arts programming and the exhibition includes artwork from both students and their teachers. The Governor of Missouri has supported and recognized the Mentor Me program for the past 19 years, and participating students and teachers all receive a Certificate of Participation. The Mentor Me Exhibition is located in the Foundry Art Centre.
For additional details regarding the 2015 MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts, please call 314-482-5476 or visit www.stcharlesmosaics.org.
About MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts Established in 1992, the MOSAICS Art Festival Association was established to create and foster diversity and vitality of the arts and to broaden the availability, education, participation and appreciation of the arts throughout the community through the formulation of an Art Festival. We present a professional exhibition to show case the local and regional artists, while also stimulating and educating the community. The MOSAICS Art Festival has an interesting diversity of artwork produced by a mix of emerging, mid-career and established artists in all media.
The MOSAICS Art Festival is unique in its approach to educating children and adults in how art can enhance their lives. To the community, our program offers cultural advantages and great places for families to live, learn, and play, free of charge.