A highlight of the annual Legends & Lanterns™ festival (Main Street’s unique celebration of Halloween history), Scarecrow Glen allows visitors to go “hay”-wire as the meandering path around the iconic Main Street Gazebo is filled with dozens of figures. During the sixth annual scarecrow contest, entries will compete for bragging rights and a grand prize as guests vote for their favorite in our “straw” poll.
Who can submit a scarecrow?
Anyone! Whether you are a business, organization, restaurant, theatre group, school, or just an individual who likes to be creative, we encourage anyone who is interested to submit.
Perks of submitting a scarecrow: The entries in Scarecrow Glen are always a favorite social media photo op for the over 30,000 festival goers that visit Legends & Lanterns™. Have fun, get great FREE publicity for your organization, and flex your creative muscle (all at the same time!)
- Whether whimsical, traditional, or avant garde, the look of your scarecrow is only limited to your imagination. Go simple or create a whole scene, recreate your favorite historical figure or movie character, or have your scarecrow reflect the theme of your organization. The sky’s the limit!
- The individual/entity creating the scarecrow is responsible for gathering all materials needed.
- Scarecrows will be on display outside from Friday, October 8th through Sunday, October 24th.
- Scarecrows need to be built to withstand the elements.
SCARECROW DELIVERY & PICK-UP
- Submit your interest by Friday, October 1st by emailing Jenna Schuermeyer, Event Coordinator
- Delivery: Friday, October 8th
- Pick-Up: Monday, October 25th